Cook's Hideout: Grilled Vegetable Quesadilla

August 03, 2013

Grilled Vegetable Quesadilla

Blogging Marathon# 31: Week 1/ Day 1
Theme: Mexican Cuisine
Dish: Grilled Vegetable Quesadilla
We are starting BM# 31 today and Valli had very interesting themes, all starting with the letter 'M'. So for the first week, I picked my most favorite theme, 'Mexican Cuisine'. Mexican dishes feature at least once or twice a week in our household. We all love beans, cheese and spicy food, so Mexican cuisine ranks right next to Indian for us.
So for the next 3 days, I'm going to post some of my family favorites. For the first day, I have quesadillas which are basically Mexican version of grilled cheese sandwich. My cheese loving son loves these. Add some grilled/ roasted veggies or beans and you have yourself a filling meal.
I grilled some veggies on my indoor grill and used them in the quesadilla. Roasted or sauteed veggies can be used instead. Any good melting cheese would work here.
Ingredients: To make 4 Quesadillas
Tortillas - 4
Veggies of Choice - 4-5 cups, chopped (I used peppers, zucchini, onions)
Cheese - ½cup, grated (I used cheddar, but monterey jack or pepperjack will taste great too)
Salt & Pepper - to taste

Method:

  • Grill the veggies on indoor or outdoor grill until charred and tender. Set aside.
  • Put some grilled veggies on the lower half of tortilla and top itwith grated cheese. Fold the top half onto the cheese and press lightly.
  • Grease the grill and cook the quesadilla until grill marks form and the cheese is melted, about 2-3 minutes per side.
  • Repeat with the remaining tortillas and veggies.
The most important part of a Mexican meal are the condiments that are served along with the main meal, this is purely in my opinion :-) I love me some (or a LOT of) sour cream and some guacamole. I also made some refreshing Watermelon salsa (recipe to follow). Enjoy!!
Lets check out what my fellow marathoners have cooked up for BM# 31.
Signature

15 comments:

  1. The entire display looks so good Pavani...I have quesadilla lined up for you know what..heheh...and love that watermelon salsa..salsa again I think is such an endearing dish right..on whole the entire meal sounds so good to me...

    ReplyDelete
  2. yummy and delicious queasdilla

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look wonderful, and the stuffing is lovely..Mexican cuisine is a hit in the family...later even I shall be posting these with a diff stuffing....before I forget I love that red table..looks gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They look delicious. love the filling here!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love lots of sour cream too with Mexican food. Looking forward to the water melon salsa recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  6. love the quick and easy quesadillas...waiting eagerly for the watermelon salsa recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The quesadillas look delicious, Pavani. We are just entering home after buying an indoor grill pan. This will be my first try with it :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This entire set looks beautiful ! Quesadilla looks superb!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Been seeing a lot of quesadilla recipes now and I guess I will try making one soon :). Nice clicks and well presented pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful setup and I have been eyeing quesadillas for quite sometime..

    ReplyDelete
  11. Haven't tried quesadillas yet. You are tempting me to try..

    ReplyDelete
  12. The whole meal looks so inviting Pavani.I am still drooling over the first click:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. whole platter is toooo inviting!!! am drooling here!!!

    Sowmya

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow.. super tempting and mouthwatering

    ReplyDelete
  15. They look so colourful.... and looks good the way u have presented it.....mouth watering.... i love raw veggies....but not a lover of cheeses..

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my Hideout.

I really appreciate your feedback, so please feel free to leave your comment. I read all the comments you post, but I may not respond to them. Thank you for your time and hope you enjoyed your stay.

Have a Wonderful Day!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
Blogging tips