Cook's Hideout: Banana Bread Oatmeal

February 25, 2013

Banana Bread Oatmeal

Blogging Marathon# 25: Week 4/ Day 2
Theme: Breakfast on the Run
Dish: Banana Bread Oatmeal
If you had asked me to eat something sweet for breakfast about 12 years ago, I would have said "No.. thank you". But in the past dozen years or so that have lived in the US, my tastes have definitely changed a LOT. I think I've become more open to tasting and I want to try a flavor combination before actually deciding whether I like it or not. 
This oatmeal is sweet, but not overly so. Actually it totally depends on how sweet you want your oatmeal. It is super simple and fits perfectly in the Breakfast on the run theme. Also the add-ins are totally customizable to your own taste.

Recipe is inspired from here.
Ingredients: Serves 2
Rolled Oats - 1 cup
Dairy or Non-dairy milk - 2½ cups (I used Vanilla soymilk)
Banana - 1 medium, mashed
Cinnamon - ½tsp
Brown Sugar - 1tbsp (or more to taste)
Salt - a pinch
Add ins - Raisins, Almonds, Chocolate chips, etc - 2tbsp

 
Method:
  • Combine oats and milk (use just water or a combination of water and milk) and bring to a boil on medium-high flame. Lower the heat and simmer the mixture until the oats are tender, about 5-6 minutes. 
  • Add mashed banana, cinnamon, sugar and salt. Mix well and remove from the flame. Add the add ins and enjoy warm for a filling and healthy breakfast.
Lets check out what my fellow marathoners have cooked up today for BM# 25.
Signature

17 comments:

  1. I love fruits in oatmeal. I usually don't add any other sweetener.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Pavani,
    Banana Bread Oatmeal is a lovely recipe and the food pics are so tempting... makes one want to bake it and eat it immediately :))
    Such a healthy and tasty recipe...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wowwww... healthy and mouth watering recipe.. looks absolutely inviting.. lovely presentation too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks like a fantastic breakfast...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Though I never liked to add anything much to my oatmeal, this makes me want to do it..very lovely picture..

    ReplyDelete
  6. wat a healthy,filling and definitely a best breakfast to kick start a day..Love to finish that bowl.

    ReplyDelete
  7. and I think the opposite...at the beginning, when I started reading Indian blogs, I was surprised at so many savory foods for breakfast. Before I would only consider eggs or potatoes/hash browns for savory breakfast and now I am open to so many other foods for breakfast.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Quick and healthy breakfast.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oatmeal looks perfect with fruits.

    ReplyDelete
  10. A healthy and satisfying breakfast,nice one..

    ReplyDelete
  11. I never had a taste for sweet dishes either. It is only after I started baking that I've started eating sweet things! Oats for breakfast is such a quick and filling idea. Have never added banana though

    ReplyDelete
  12. Quick, yummy and healthy breakfast.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thats true - our Indian breakfasts are almost always on the spicy or at least not so sweet side. Only few recipes are sweet!

    But yes, now I also take the shortcut route for breakfast and am ok with any kind of breakfast, as long as its quick and easy.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Perfect breakfast for healthy day and I never tried adding bananas in it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love fruits and oatmeal in the morning! Such a wholesome and filling breakfast :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. love to oatmeal for breakfast.... very filling and fibre rich!!
    Sowmya
    Ongoing Event - HITS - Diabetic Friendly
    Ongoing Event + Giveaway - Italian Dishes

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my Hideout.

I really appreciate your feedback, so please feel free to leave your comment. I read all the comments you post, but I may not respond to them. Thank you for your time and hope you enjoyed your stay.

Have a Wonderful Day!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
Blogging tips