Cook's Hideout: Pistachio Cake

January 12, 2012

Pistachio Cake

Wish you all a Very Happy & Prosperous New Year. I know we are in the middle of January, but since this is my first post for this year, please accept by belated wishes. I wanted to kick start the new year with something sweet and so I made this pistachio cake. One of my co-workers brought this for a potluck and I really liked it a lot. I took the recipe from her, but haven’t had a chance to make it. So I thought I’ll give it a try and make it our New Year celebration cake. 

This is a very easy cake to bake, the recipe calls for store-bought yellow cake mix, a box of instant pistachio pudding, club soda and a few other standard cake ingredients. The resultant cake is fluffy, moist and delicious.

I used my homemade natural cake mix from here and used half the recipe to make this cake (I used the other half to make this tiramisu cake).


Recipe given below is the original recipe and I’ve indicated the amounts I used to half in parenthesis.
Ingredients:
Yellow Cake Mix – 1 box (half of the mix from here)
 Eggs – 4, large (2)
 Instant Pistachio pudding mix – 1 package (½ of the contents in the package)
Club Soda – 1 cup (½ cup)

For the frosting:
Pistachio pudding mix – 1 package (½ of the contents in the package)
Heavy Cream – ½ pint or 1 cup (½ cup)
Sugar – 1tsp (optional) (I didn’t add any)
Pistachios – ¼ cup, lightly toasted and finely chopped (for garnish)

 
Method:
  • Preheat the oven to 350°F. Butter & flour a 9”x13” baking pan or a 10” bundt cake pan. Since I halved the recipe, I used a medium size heart shape baking pan. 
  • Combine all the ingredients for the cake in a mixing bowl and mix for 4-5 minutes until well combined. 
  • Pour into the prepared pan and bake for 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. I would probably start checking at the 45minute mark. I had to bake mine for 45-50 minutes. 
  • Remove from the oven and let cool in the pan for 10 minutes. Invert onto a wire rack and let the cake cool completely before frosting. 
  • To make the frosting: Beat cream along with pudding mix and sugar (if using) until soft peaks form. Frost the cooled cake generously and sprinkle with the chopped pistachios. Serve chilled.


Enjoy!!
Signature

9 comments:

  1. This is a lovely flavorful cake,Pavani!Loved the pistachio flavor - absolutely delish!My wishes for a very happy,healthy and prosperous New Year 2012 to you and yours:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woww.. looks super perfect and amazing.. lovely shots too !!
    Indian Cuisine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely pictures, cake looks very enticing..

    Muskaan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cake looks so delicious and gorgeous,drooling over the pictures....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow wat a rich looking pistachio cake, fabulous bake..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cake looks delicious,..:) wish ya happy festival,..

    ReplyDelete
  7. love the recipe, pista pudding frosting is such a fab idea! i wonder what role the club soda plays...mayb its responsible for the fluffiness.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an awesome idea!!! My favorite pudding as a kid was Pistachio! My favorite desserts include Pistachio! I am so trying this :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my Hideout.

I really appreciate your feedback, so please feel free to leave your comment. I read all the comments you post, but I may not respond to them. Thank you for your time and hope you enjoyed your stay.

Have a Wonderful Day!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
Blogging tips