Cook's Hideout: Day 2

October 02, 2009

Day 2


For the 2nd Veganmofo day, I made this Gujarati Thali with dishes from my dear blogger buddies. First up is Trupti @ The Spice Who Loved Me’s Bharelu Ringan Shaak. Being a sucker for all eggplant dishes, I wanted to make this dish the minute I saw it on her blog. Stuffing Japanese eggplants instead of regular Indian ones was very interesting and the Japanese eggplant gives a slightly sweet taste to the spicy filling. Yum.. this is a keeper.

To go with the Gujarati “shaak” I made Gujarati dal, Osaman, from DK’s Chef in You. Loved the addition of chopped peanuts, it adds a totally new dimension to regular good ‘ol dal.

So I served my Gujarati meal with a side of rotis, steamed rice and mango pulp (this one’s for my DH). Loved it.
Signature

7 comments:

  1. What a great looking meal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thali looks like comfort food!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks like a very yummy meal!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't understand how there is so much deliciousness on one page. Everything looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! Super scrummy. I LOVE Indian food especially Thali 'cos I like having lots and lots of different things.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Food looks gorgeous! Makes me hungry!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Would love to have that plate right now. Looks very delicious.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my Hideout.

I really appreciate your feedback, so please feel free to leave your comment. I read all the comments you post, but I may not respond to them. Thank you for your time and hope you enjoyed your stay.

Have a Wonderful Day!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
Blogging tips