Cook's Hideout: Potatoes Go Green

September 08, 2008

Potatoes Go Green

Dill, to me, has a very strong flavor and too much of it really ruins the dish. I made full bunch of dill and potato curry some time ago and it was way too much dill that I didn’t dare to buy it again for a while.
During one of my recent trips to farmer’s market, I saw this beautiful bunch of dill for 99¢ and I wanted to give it a try again. With quarter bunch my MIL made a really tasty green veggie stir fry. With another quarter bunch, I added potato (to stretch the curry a little bit) and it was awesome.

Ingredients:
Potatoes – 3 medium, peeled and diced
Spinach – half a bunch, about 3 cups
Methi leaves (fenugreek leaves) – 1 cup
Dill – ¼ cup, chopped fine
Onion – 1 medium, chopped
Ginger+garlic pastes – ½ tsp
Red Chili powder – 1 tsp
Green chilies – 3, chopped fine

For tempering:
Mustard seeds – ½ tsp
Cumin seeds – ½ tsp


Method:
  • First microwave the potatoes with little bit of water for 4-5 minutes until they are fork tender.
  • Heat 1 tbsp oil in a pan, add the tempering seeds and after they splutter add onions and green chilies. Sauté onions till soft and starting to brown.
  • Add ginger+garlic paste and potatoes and stir fry on medium high for 2-3 minutes. Add all the green veggies; reduce the heat to medium low, and cook covered for 10-12 minutes. Stir occasionally; add ¼ cup water if the curry starts sticking to the pan.
  • Add salt and red chili powder, mix well and cook for another 3-5 minutes.
  • Serve with rice or roti.

4 comments:

  1. That is an easy one to prepare..

    ReplyDelete
  2. These potatoes look awesome and I'm sure have just the right amount of dill :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. potato curry looks delecious pavani

    ReplyDelete
  4. very good Pavani. we too make such kind of sabji and call it "soya-methi-aloo". We love this soooo much.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my Hideout.

I really appreciate your feedback, so please feel free to leave your comment. I read all the comments you post, but I may not respond to them. Thank you for your time and hope you enjoyed your stay.

Have a Wonderful Day!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
Blogging tips