Cook's Hideout: Mixed Vegetable Curry

May 03, 2007

Mixed Vegetable Curry

I have been using Savoy cabbage instead of the regular head cabbage after I read this post on Indira’s blog. As she says it is a few cents expensive, but if that comes with a boost in nutritional value, then I’m all for it. This dish tastes great with rice and sambar or even with rotis.

Ingredients:
Savoy Cabbage – 1 cup, shredded
Mixed vegetables – ½ cup (I used frozen mixed vegetables, thawed)
Moong dal – ½ cup, soaked for 30 mins
Green chilies – 4
Mustard seeds – ½ tsp
Cumin seeds – ½ tsp
Curry leaves – 6
Red chilies – 2
Salt – to taste
Method:
  • Heat 1 tsp oil in a pan, add the seeds and when they splutter add green chilies, red chilies and curry leaves.
  • Sauté for 30 seconds, add cabbage, other veggies (you can use carrots, beans, peas etc) and soaked moong dal.
  • Cover and cook for 10 minutes or until the veggies are tender. Add salt, mix well and enjoy.

3 comments:

  1. I cook with Savoy cabbage too,it's so delicate.Your dish with added Moong dal looks delicious and healthy and wrapped with chapati,YUM!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adding Moong daal is such a good idea, I use chana daal though. Savoy Cabbage even tastes milder than the regular one..I do love it, and its so much easier to cut too!

    trupti

    ReplyDelete
  3. moon dal is actually good for health . so a full meal to have it along with few veggi's //thks a lot for sharing ..

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my Hideout.

I really appreciate your feedback, so please feel free to leave your comment. I read all the comments you post, but I may not respond to them. Thank you for your time and hope you enjoyed your stay.

Have a Wonderful Day!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
Blogging tips